“Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.”
This is the famous job ad for a dangerous expedition way back in the day for a group of tough men to travel to the Arctic Circle. The ad was clear and the applicants were willing. While we don’t expect you to jump aboard a ship and travel to the unknown while working here, we do want to take this opportunity to provide you with a clear understanding of our expectations and work culture. If you make it through this application process, you’ll likely be a wonderful addition to our team/family!
Keto Brick LLC is a family-owned and operated business that started in 2018 as a result of our own need for a high quality, shelf-stable ketogenic meal replacement product. It’s since grown to encompass much more than just food production. We have prioritized content creation and education that is designed to enlighten and inspire others in the health space.
Since we started sharing quality ketogenic nutrition and information, we have been showered in abundance! Our company and branding grew faster than we ever expected. We’ve been doing everything possible to keep up and continue adding value, all while having a lot of fun in the process. To keep the Bricks building and to drive our voice further, we need more help.
That’s why we’re now looking for a master media and content production specialist to join our team.
We are looking for someone to help us create the ultimate experience for our consumers and followers and to help us use media to document our way into the future.
We are leaders with a vision to change the world of fitness and nutrition. Content, branding, and quality products are at the heart of our mission. We need someone with a shared passion who can lead this area of our business.
More specifically, here are some (but certainly not all) of the responsibilities for this position:
Roles and Responsibilities
Your main responsibility is to be the owner of all media content production and distribution projects within Keto Brick and other Savage business entities. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Podcast & Video Guru
- Think of a combo between Young Jamie and D-Rock (hopefully you know what I’m talking about…)
- Flexible hours. We may just have you film our workouts at 5 in the morning.
- Be comfortable with any type of videography work such as training tutorials, day-in-the-life vlogs, recipe videos, hunting expeditions, conferences, and meetups. (Subjects may be either male or female.)
- Sit in on podcast recordings to ensure audio is well-tuned and functioning properly.
- Be a wizard with media software such as Final Cut Pro and Logic.
- Create content/graphics using Adobe Creative Suite or similar software.
- Creative in your editing style. You won’t have much direction in how you film, we expect your creative genius to thrive!
- Edit and upload all video/audio content to correct platforms.
- Be mindful of analytics and feedback and shape editing strategy accordingly.
- Create micro-content out of macro-content and distribute on social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Parler, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Research and administer appropriate hashtags, keywords, and descriptions to optimize for traffic SEO.
- Web Development/Oversight
- Update website pages for Shopify, Recharge, Wordpress, KetoSavage.com, and any other platforms we may use in the future.
- Build custom landing pages for our top affiliate partners.
- Debug website bugs, implement fixes, and communicate updates to the team.
- Run and monitor website conversion a/b tests.
- You should be comfortable with common drag-and-drop website builders. Ideally, you also have experience with Shopify and a few of our other platforms (Kajabi, Recharge, ShippingEasy, etc)
- Data Analyst
- Report on our media traffic analytics.
- Support others on the team if they are in need and short-handed.
- Massive Bonus...
- We are going to start our own apparel business and keep all the creative design and production in-house. If you have any experience with drawing, screenprinting, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, or other relevant skills that would be awesome!
Attributes of the ideal candidate
When we think about the ideal person for this role, a few attributes come to mind.
Here are the main ones:
- You’re passionate about telling a story
- You’re a go-getter personally and professionally
- You’re a creative thinker
- You’re empathetic
- You’re a problem solver
- You’re a rockstar communicator
- You’re resourceful
- You’re a media guru, and that love fills your soul and overflows into every aspect of your life
- You’re organized
- You’re calm under pressure
- You’re a health-advocate
- You’re adaptable
- You’re able to exude high-energy on a daily basis
- You’re capable of geeking out over camera gear, lighting, and angles
Our Culture is guided by our undying desire to add more value and get better every single day! This bleeds into all aspects of our lives, not just the actual job title and responsibilities. We care about one another personally and professionally and understand that your individual growth leads to the growth of our entire collective unit!
Keto Brick Culture Requirements
As you’ll quickly learn, we are VERY passionate about our culture. Finding someone with the right culture fit is just as critically important to us as the ideal attributes and job skills above.
Our culture is not negotiable. We love it too much.
If you are uncomfortable with anything we do, that’s okay. We might not be the best fit for you. But if you read this and jump with excitement, then let’s continue.
- We start our morning with a team meeting that involves a hot cup of coffee and a casual joke or two. We often watch motivational videos and are huge fans of Jocko and Goggins.
- We often use words like grateful, hard-working, hustle, positivity, grind, family, teamwork, and stoicism.
- We are all biohackers and health enthusiasts, working daily to improve our health and performance.
- We all are passionate about our nutrition, and follow a variety of nutrition programs like Keto, Paleo, Low Carb, etc. (not required but must be respected)
- We are wildly passionate about keto, weight training, healthy living, and the community we are a part of, both locally and online.
- We protect our mornings. Our work opens at 9 am but we highly encourage you to take advantage of our fully equipped gym before heading to the office if you are interested! We start with a 20-30 minute team gathering, motivational video, group visualization, and family meeting looking at our day together. We then work passionately to delight our customers and improve their lives. We close around 5:00. Prefer training in the afternoons??? Feel free to use our gym after hours.
- We spend a lot of time together, eat a lot of our meals together, and are deeply committed to helping each other develop personally and professionally.
- We often travel on very short notice for various conferences and events.
- We are authentic, straightforward, reliable, and loving to our supporters and to each other.
- We think big.
- We are willing to be vulnerable.
- We document all of our activities on YouTube and other social platforms. As such, you will most certainly be in front of the camera at times. Hopefully, this excites you!
- We celebrate unique individuality.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes.
- We do not tolerate passive aggression. If we need to have a tough conversation to improve the vibe, we have it like people who share a mutual respect for one another.
- We are proactive and are all able to take action without much direction.
- We live with deep passion and transformational action.
- We are caring and can be hard on you but it comes from a place of deep enthusiasm and love for your full potential.
- We are NOT snowflakes!
- We value quality hard work.
Savage Compound Values
High level values that guide the way we act
Pride & Passion
We get our tasks done on time and we take pride in doing them well. When hustle is needed, we hustle.
Because we are reliable, others have a sense of peace knowing they can trust us. We value this discipline in each other.
We always move forward. When stuck, we take a breath and focus on the task immediately in front of us.
Connection & Teamwork
We lead with love.
We support each other, protect each other’s time, respect each other’s space, actively listen, and help each other, even when it’s inconvenient.
We know we succeed individually when we all succeed together.
Vulnerability & Respect
We are honest, authentic, and brave. We embrace our vulnerability as a strength.
We reinforce our foundation of trust through open dialogue and selfless action.
We openly discuss failures without blame, adversities without fear, and feelings without judgment. This helps us learn and grow.
We are self-directed, ready to take action without being told what to do. We know failures and mistakes will happen, but we are able to stand back up, take action to recover rapidly, learn, adapt, and continue moving forward.
Savage Compound Principles
Principles we practice every day
We are all proactive. When there is trash on the floor, we pick it up. When there is a dirty plate in the sink, we clean it. This is the mentality we bring to all areas of our lives.
We are ready to hustle without being told what to do. We push forward as a team and leave no man behind.
We show up on time for our teams. Because we are reliable, others have a sense of peace knowing they can trust us.
Attention to detail
Everyone is engaged and understands clearly that freedom and autonomy require a high practice of discipline and trust.
We work in a culture of safety and care about each other's well being above all else. Safety and health always come first
We are located in Arkansas. If you don’t already live in AR, with this role, you get to relocate here! It’s pretty incredible to live in a hidden gem located in the Ozark Mountains :-). Because our impact and abundance rely strongly on the development of this unique culture, we know we can make the most transformational impact by being together. This position is full time and requires you to be in our area!
Benefits of working with Keto Brick
The benefits of joining this team are vast. Here are a few:
- Unlimited Keto Bricks! Need we say more?
- Frequent cookouts with the crew, families and partners included!
- Travel and free attendance to events we sponsor, like the Keto Summit Conference, Keto Con, and so many more.
- Huge opportunities to expand your responsibilities and position as the company continues to rapidly grow.
- Living in the most beautiful place in the world - The pristine Ozark Mountains, countless lakes and rivers!
- Free gym access to our fully-equipped gym!
- All of the nutritional/training help and guidance you could ever ask for!
- Flexibility around major holidays, and a vacation policy that just asks you to act in the best interest of yourself, your family here, and the organization. We believe in taking care of ourselves. Only by caring for ourselves can we care for others.
- Most importantly, the opportunity to hang with the Keto Brick Family on a daily basis. We try to make fun out of everything we do, and we push the boundaries of possibility daily in helping each other grow and in our service to others.
- Quarterly, we incorporate “Team Day” that can involve hikes, sailing, cookouts, cabin rentals and other activities!
- Every single person you will work with is an elite performer, not some, all are rockstars at what they do and their deep dedication to each other and being the best in their craft.
To help us both determine if we’re the right fit for each other, we created a list of questions associated with this application.
If you choose to apply, you'll be presented with this list of questions on the following page. Each answer should be thoughtful. But, no essays needed. :) ... Most leading candidates submit 2-4 total pages; length is not important, thoughtfulness is.
After you’ve submitted the questionnaire and resume, here’s what to expect:
- We’ll review your questionnaire and resume and follow up with you within 14 days.
- Next, we’ll begin with scheduling a video interview. If you’re out-of-town, (most of you) we use Zoom to schedule the video calls. If you’re in Arkansas, we’ll meet in person. The first interview will last about 20 minutes for a meet and greet.
- The second step is we will assign you a specific project that will help us understand your work product. It will be a project within your area of hire. Then we will schedule a 30-60 minute second video interview to review the project and get to know you better. We can also answer any questions you may have about us.
- We’ll likely do a background check if everything is a good fit up to this point.
- We may or may not have a third video interview. If you have a significant other that is relocating with you, this call will take place and we will want them on this call for 15-20 minutes. It’s important that your significant other knows us and we know them.
- If we’re all still a good fit for each other, next we’ll bring you to Arkansas for an in-person working interview/socials. This is typically a three day interview, can be four days. You’ll meet everyone, you’ll meet with the hiring council for an extensive Q/A, see our work environment, work on a project in our facility for a day and present it to the Family.
- Then, you will take a market trip with the owner, shop for dinner for several of us, cook with us, and drink with us. You will get an intimate close look at us, and how we live and work together to create magic. All expenses are hosted by us for both you and your significant other if they will be relocating with you.
- Together, we will determine next steps.
We deeply appreciate you investing the time to learn about us and share your thoughts and life with us.
With much love and gratitude, the Savage Family,
Robert, Crystal, and the whole crew!